This is a new F-15 for Flightgear. The FDM is based on the aerodynamic data found in (AFIT/GAE/ENY/90D-16). Ref: F-15 Aerodynamic data sources
The 3D Model was provided by Enrique Laso (flyingtoaster)
- Download F-15 model for flightgear 3.6 or later (2015-11-30)
- Download F-15 model for Flightgear 3.4 (2015-11-30)
- Download F-15 model for Flightgear 2.1x (V1.2.2)Not supported and not everything will work (2015-08-11)
Overview of the new F-15 model
- F-15C and F-15D variants, including aerodynamic effects.
- Realistic FDM based on windtunnel derived aerodynamic data
- Photorealistic 3d Cockpit with real cockpit textures provided by GeneB from his unique F-15C 80-0007
- Operational weapons and radar
- Full range of sound simulation (buffet, gear, engines, etc..)
- Radar, HUD, VSD, TEWS, MPCD - using Canvas
- Refuelling, stores
- In cockpit engine start (including JFS Startup
- Hydraulics system model
- Electrics system model
- New afterburner flames (with luminosity variance depending on scene brightness)
- External and internal Rembrandt compatible lighting
- ECS pressurisation system model
- Control actuator system model
- Rembrandt ready.
- Much better textures/liveries; added Lakenheath and Missouri.
- Better wing root anti-collision lights
- Added Correct stall warning audio tones and vocal warnings for OWS, Caution and fuel.
- Canvas optimisations for low frame rates
- Fix weapon selection after load when master arm selected.
- Improved view positioning for front & backseat.
- Rework of lighting, fix halos, rembrandt light points; added lighting dialog to GUI.
- Reinstate comm radio support
Handling / flight model changes (V1.2e)
- Overload Warning System (OWS) limits added
- Pitch/Roll ratio improvements.
- Tuned pitch and roll ratio - and now takes into account CG% MAC.
- Corrected lateral position of external wing tanks.
- Added Nose Wheel Steering. operates in two modes; normal and the maneuvering mode
- Add support for walker.
- New livery for CR77-0157. This is for an F-15A
- Rework ALS flame to be more realistic.
- Centre HUD projected display on combiners.
- Support ground refuelling, walker support enhancments.
- Added ground vehicles (tanker/cart).
- Fix contrails and engine smoke.
- Add 144FW livery
- remove lumpy bit from the middle of the exhaust sound
- ALS lights off when no power
- Sounds for MP to reasonable value.
- Revised engine simulation PB such that pressure is 1.0 (ambient) when engine not turning.
- Changed sound to use volumes computed in FDM so we can have realistic inside / outside volumes based on canopy position.
ScreenshotsLoaded with armaments
NASA 835 HIDECMy new cockpit model. The 'CRT' displays and HUD are implemented in Canvas and are showing real data in a multiplayer environment.